<VV> Fw: Zoning Law update Lincoln County NC

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:32:48 -0500

Sorry, have had computer problems last few days, I sent this twice but never
saw it on the list.

Thought you all might like to know
----- Original Message -----
From: Hank Kaczmarek
To: Virtualvairs
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:03 PM
Subject: Zoning Law update Lincoln County NC

Folks

After my speech to the county commissioners/planning board meeting in
November, A few letters to the local newspaper, and an ally on the commission
(an antique tractor fellow), there has been a proposed change to the Lincoln
County, NC Zoning law regarding storage of vehicles on private property.

Original change proposed by planning board.

The number of un licensed vehicles allowed on private property shall be
reduced from 4 to 1 (one).

Final change --to be voted on at County Commission meeting in February

There shall be no limit on the number of unlicensed vehicles allowed on
private property, as long as said vehicles are:

Not visible from county roads (OK within subdivisions)
And/Or appropriately screened from public view....

Means of screening to include---Covered buildings, carports, Fencing,
Shrubbery/trees as appropriate.

Car covers, corrugated tin/plastic, and pallets will not be considered
appropriate screening.

To take effect on April 1, 2005 after approval from the county commission.

I expect the change to be passed.

Sometimes YOU CAN BEAT CITY HALL!!!!!

The zoning board administrator is pissed, but there isn't much he can do.
Seems he was trying to get more staff by saying his people had no time to do
their regular job due to "all the complaints about junk cars" coming in.

Regards

HANK