<VV> noise

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:27:18 -0500

>It's that mentality that leads to legislation like
>Massachusetts is proposing for exhaust systems.  The idea
>being that if stereos can be regulated, so can exhaust
>note.  After all, vehicles aren't offensive from the
>factory, and since their main purpose is transportation, not
>personal expression, why allow them to be modified at all?

Exceptional post and exceptional point. These are exactly the types of discussions we have over on VV-talk

lf the busybodies that would like to run things had their way, we would not only be unable to modify our cars, we would have much less choice in cars,
driving only very safe and very vanilla econoboxes... because since cars are ONLY TRANSPORTATION why do we NEED anything more? Same
agrument used for a huge variety of issues.

I see that Ken has already insinuated that his right not to listen to the loud car or loud music is more important than the right of people to have loud cars or
loud music. He's often wrong on VV-Talk as well (VBG!!) and that's what makes it amusing...

Corvair content: for the last couple of years I have been running 2" Smithy hot rod mufflers on my Corsa. Not only are they a pain to those around me, I
think I'm now deaf... I just haven't taken the time to swap them out....

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.