<VV> Repy to recent wiring harness prices post

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:33:08 -0500

GOOD to hear from you/your company, Cal!
     I, too, am offended/infuriated by the calumnies posted on VV referring
to "vendors" but not naming them. They smear, potentially, ALL the other
vendors who either weren't checked, or who are known to the complainer not
to be guilty.
     In public posts and private messages, I complain back to the
complainers about doing this, not as a matter of justice, but as a matter of
service to list readers as to whom we should avoid. And I do NOT want to
have to make a private inquiry to get "the name." It should be POSTED along
with all the other testimony.
     I hope you and Clark's Corvair will continue to be heard from on this
list, if only to clear your name EVERY time one of these generalized smears
is posted.

Joe Potts (name names or keep it to yourself)
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Clarks Corvair Parts Inc
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 4:13 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Repy to recent wiring harness prices post

We usually do not comment on VV, but a recent post about early dash harness
prices deserves a reply. The person stated that he could buy the early dash
harness direct from the manufacturer for $30 less than the next lowest
vendor.
We assume he did not check Clarks prices, our current price is only $7 more
on
a $295 harness, and if bought with 2 or 3 other harnesses under our multikit
pricing he could have saved another 2-4% over buying direct. However the few
dollars is not what is really the issue, the real issue is once again
someone
on this list continues to address issues in a general way, which hurts all
vendors, since no one knows who he is really talking about or referring to,
and the fact that once again you a trying to take business away from the
vendors who support your hobby and mine. Have you noticed that there are
fewer
and fewer Corvair suppliers and that you can find less and less locally. Are
your local auto stores putting time and money into repro parts to help keep
your cars running??  Corvair vendors work hard to keep parts available to
keep
these cars rolling. The vendors deserve your support in order to continue to
supply you with the new repro parts, as more and more parts become
unavailable. If a few dollar savings on a $300 or more purchase means that
you
do not support a Corvair supplier, We  are all in trouble!  Cal Clark,
Clarks
Corvair Parts
Clarks Corvair Parts Inc
400 Mohawk Trail