<VV> 370 UltraVans, made in Detroit!, Fiberglass bodies on Co rvair Chassis with 4 Cylinder Corvair motors!

Ken Wildman k-wildman@onu.edu
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:46:51 -0500

At 10:03 AM 1/28/2005, Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA wrote:
>  For all you Ultra van folks out there...I helped a couple my wife sold a
>house to some months back and the old man told me he knew all about
>Corvairs...turned out he claimed to have been the senior engineer at the
>factory and was the one that came up with the one peice shower??!!  Does
>that make sense??  I have seen several over the years but never looked in
>the shower!! The old guy has had several strokes now but still gets around
>and he is a hoot!!  He has lived a lively life!!  That's my story for the
>day and I am sticking to it!!
>
>   Del Patten...CNM

It's actually a one-piece shower PAN.   :)  Ultra Vans have "wet baths"
which were pretty common in the 1960's.  The bathroom served as the shower
stall.  You just had to figure out a way to keep the toilet paper dry.....

Ken