<VV> Vendors

Keith Wells kewells@medscape.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:12:09 -0500

So much said in support of the Corvair vendors....I can register only
one complaint. When I went to buy my 63 convert the guy selling it
had catalogues from Clarks and the Underground in the trunk. I was
shocked by the availability of parts for the Vair and the reasonable
prices. (my first corvair). I thought surely that the restoration of
this running and driving car would be a breeze with such ease of
parts availability. Within a week I managed to get it to shift in
reverse and quit leaking oil, thanks to inexpensive parts from both
suppliers. I was on a roll! Then to the body shop and off with the
paint and out with the carpet. No floors and quarter panels held on
with 20 year old bondo! This is now a major project! (who would have
thought a convertible would have rust in the floors and quarters?)
  So I hold the vendors partially responsible, for if those pretty
catalogues were not in the trunk (covering the hole) I might have
kept my money and would not have embarked on this costly ordeal.
  And yes, I need a dash harness too....and floors, and carpet, and a
top, and windshield,.....Damn catalogues. Plus your legs fall asleep
if you spend too much time reading them on the can, which can be
dangerous and may lead to litigation someday...
Keith Wells
Drinking coffee from a Clark's mug and dreaming of Portland
Winston Salem, NC

Sent by Medscape Mail: Free Portable E-mail for Professionals on the Move
http://www.medscape.com