<VV> 61 4-Speed Question

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:19:45 -0700 (MST)

I Have a bastard engine here of indetermintate origin or contents.  65-68
110 case.  Wrapped in early sheet metal.  Has Early 102 heads.  The thing
is it is complete, and it starts and runs great.  So I am going to throw
it in my 63 Convertible that needs an engine.  I am not certain about
transaxle though.  The one that came out of the car, along with the engine
is solid rust from sitting open for years.  So I have a 61 transaxle four
speed that appears good.  The engine has a early 60-63 flywheel on it.
Dont really want to dig into the engine to find if it has a late crank or
not in there.  Should everyting bolt up?  I know late engines and 66+
trannys and automatics, never dealt with an early standard though!  Car
was a four speed, and has 4 speed crossmember etc, so that sould be ok.
Anything to watch out for?  Should everything line up if it has the early
flywheel/flexplate etc, and correct input shaft for the tranny?

  -Geoff Johnson
63 Coupe
63 Vert