<VV> 64/65 front suspension interchangability

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:26:58 EST

Last week, I asked about the interchangability of front suspension  control
arms between a '64 and a '65.  (I happen to have a set of rebuilt  and ready
'64 arms and a '65 in need).  Before posing the question, I had  compared my '64
parts to '65 suspension and thought it looked like a  "go".  But based on
comments from the list, I learned that '64  parts are quite different, especially
the lower arms.  That got me to  question the labeling on the box!   After a
complete breakdown of my  '65 suspension and a close comparison with my "64"
suspension parts, I HAVE  CONCLUDED THAT THE BOX WAS LABELED INCORRECTLY!
YEAH!  The mislabeled  parts are actually rebuilt and ready LM parts that I can
just bolt in!   Talk about a pleasant surprise!
I'm off to the shop to begin the installation.
Happy in North Idaho, Craig Nicol