<VV> corsa dash into monza?

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:08:54 -0800

WARNING: The sender's mail server or IP Address is blacklisted by http://www.dsbl.org/ . Please notify sender's ISP.

At 05:39 hours 01/28/2005 -0500, Sethracer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/28/2005 2:25:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> tonyu@roava.net writes:
>

>> Get the dash harness from the Corsa as well.   It plugs up.
>>

>> tony..
>
> Wait - Especially if you use the Monza under dash wiring. Check the plugs
and
> the wires in each cavity. As I recall, although the Monza/Corsa plugs
> connect, some wires in the under-dash harness need to be moved. Check all
> circuits first, then add the ones you might need, then plug it together.
>
> Seth Emerson
> Sethracer@aol.com
> C's the day! Corvair, Camaro, Corvette

They don't if it's a '65, at least mine didn't need moving around.   My '65
ragtop had a butchered harness when I got it, cluster was gone and they CUT
the
plug off the under-dash harness and evidently took it with the cluster.   The
rest of the wiring in the car was still intact, including the engine bay
etc.
After I turned up another Corsa dash (with its own "short" harness) I ended up
having to use an under-dash harness out of a '65 Monza since that's all I had
available, or rather it's all that local vendor Danny Otey had at the time, 20
bucks and off his shelf it came and into my ragtop and it worked.   It even
had
the wires in it for the thermistor and the tach.    Plugged it in and that was
that.

It's still in the car today and it all works.

It's the only under-dash wire harness I ever had to actually replace in
anything I own.    And Danny said he took it out of a '65 Monza.

I need to dig out my wiring schematics and make sure there's no mysteries...
but this under-dash harness did plug right up and work first time.

tony..