<VV> Calibrate Fuel-Level Sender?

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio@megared.net.mx
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:35:39 -0600

Joe,
   With the sender out of the tank, and using an ohmmeter, connected between
the plate (ground) and the round terminal. It should measure 0 ohms on the
empty position and 90-100 on the full position. I suspect yours may be reading
more than 0 ohms and less than 90 respectively. You can bend the tangs that
limit the travel of the float arm to have a wider movement. A better way is
connecting a ground wire between the plate and tank body while the round
terminal is connected to its harness wire. This way you can check how far you
bend the tangs. Make this with the ignition "on" (coil disconnected) and
looking the needle at the fuel meter in dash.
   You will need a little bending on the "full" tang and some more on the
"empty" one.
   Hope this could help.

   Daniel Monasterio

<<After I installed it, I noticed that, with the tank fuel, it registered
somewhat less than full. When the gauge shows empty, there is still about 4
gallons of fuel in the tank.>>