<VV> Factory Glass important or not?

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:42:22 -0000

> The question is; to replace or not.  I can likely have the factory glass
> buffed out (I'm guessing this is possible), but if, in the concourse
> judging, factory glass is NOT important, then I'd just as soon have a new
> windshield.

It's really almost impossible to have it buffed out satisfactorily, and the
cost would be ludicrous anyway.

Why not have the windshield replaced, and keep the old one wrapped in bubble
wrap in the shed - you could keep it in the back of the car for concours
purposes, or take the same attitude that I do (viz. that I am restoring the
car for my pleasure and not theirs, and so I don't give a fig what they
think!).

Cheers

Alan