<VV> 140 engine ballpark value

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:47:36 EST

The value of a good running 140 depends on how long it has been since
rebuild (or new), I'd say the range is $300 to $2000.  For example, I have  a good
running 140 with good compression, no leaks, good thermostats,  thermister,
exhaust manifolds, about 75k since new, and complete tin that I  think should
bring about $750.  If the engine you're  considering has 1k on a correct ($2500+)
rebuild, that pushes you to the  top of the range.  If it's just an old
engine with 100k, oil leaks, etc.  you are towards the bottom of the range.  Price
= life remaining
Craig Nicol