<VV> (no subject)

Melissa Blankenship m_nship@msn.com
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:57:04 -0800

My name is Mike Blankenship and I just signed up as a member of Virtual Vairs.
I am having a problem trying to figure out what is wrong with my Corvair.
This is my first Vair and I am learning about how to keep one running.  I
bought a few manuals but cannot get the car to work properly.  Hopefully you
can help.

I own a 1963 Monza Coupe, automatic transmission.  I think most all parts are
original.  The problem I'm having:  after the car is warmed up and driven
approx. 2 miles, it starts making a thunk, thunking noise, not from the engine
but the drive train.   I've changed the axle bearings and the U-joints, to no
avail.  You can actually feel the thunk motion thru the gas pedal.  You know
how our feet can pick up any amount of vibration.  That's about the best I can
describe it.

Any help will be appreciated.  This has been a long project and I hope to be
driving the car further than around the block!

Mike Blankenship