<VV> RE: Vendors

corvair@corvairmotorsports.com corvair@corvairmotorsports.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:45:40 -0700

One point that was missed is that when the Corvair vendors buy a part
from a manufacturer we still have to test it before we offer it for
sale to the Corvair public. We have to know everything about that part
to answer all customer's questions. Sure, you can go straight to the
manufacturer and bypass the Corvair vendor to save a couple bucks. Then
when you need customer support and call the manufacturer and ask them
"where does the purple wire go?" lets see if you get an answer. Do you
think that a manufacturer that sells parts for every type of vehicle
can answer a question about a Corvair?

I don't know about you, but I would rather spend an extra $10 on a $300
item if I know the vendor can answer my technical question in just one
phone call.

Rick Stansbury
http://corvairmotorsports.com/
Corvair Motorsports

Cal's new cylinders, Lon's
GoVair,  Rusty's AC, Rick's CorvairMotorsports and others are all
evidence that we
are  going to enjoy great vendor support for years to come.

Ned