<VV> Floor Pans

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Wed Jun 1 07:55:06 EDT 2005

Rivet.  1" overlap.  PC-7 epoxy in seams.  Stainless Steel rivets.

Waterproof. Strong. Rustproof.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of bob mccrum
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 1:01 AM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org; vairologist at juno.com
Cc: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Floor Pans

I agree with Smitty.  Properly riveted floor pans should be equally as
strong as the original floors.  Please note: I said properly riveted.
Properly riveted is drilling the properly sized holes, used the correct
rivets (shear or tension), and using a rivet gun and bucking bar. Pop
rivets aren't rivets at all, but merely a device to clamp pieced
together until the pieces can be fastened correctly.  bob mc (current
sheet metal aviation).
thanks for the bandwidth.