<VV> Leg update and another thank you.

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Wed Jun 1 23:48:05 EDT 2005

Hey guys and gals,
I went to the Dr yesterday, and he removed the cast, x-rayed it, and stuck me
back in another cast... still "non-weight bearing", so I'm still off work...
he said don't even think about going back to work for another 6 weeks. My next
appointment with him is on June 20th, at which time he will take another
picture and consider having a brace fitted. I'm getting sick of these wierd tan
lines... this new cast is about an inch shorter than the old one... so it looks
like I was halfway under a tree when I got some sun this last time.
I have no idea if I will have a job to go back to when the Dr releases me,
but Cheryl is telling me not to worry about it right now, just concentrate on
getting better. Now with the girls off school I have someone here to talk to,
play cards with, and fix me sandwiches.
<VBG>
I found another stash of parts I'll be photographing and putting on eBay,
including a Corvair piece, Group # 4.355, GM# 907930, NDH Ball Bearing #47207CUI.
My P&A 30 C says it's a main drive gear bearing for 64 4 spd., and 3 & 4
speed for 65-69. Some of the other things are some NOS thermostats for mid-1950s
MoPaRs (still in the Harrison Radiator Division boxes), a wheel cylinder kit
for a 1953 Chevy truck... and a fuel pump repair kit for what might be a mid-to
late 1950s large GM, say Buick or Olds...
Again, I want to thank everyone who sent some money to help me out. Since I
haven't been to work since February bills were really stacking up, and your
compassion and generosity has certainly helped to relieve the stress.
Thanks guys... Oh, and an update on the glowing GEN light on the 64... we (my
girls and I) went to Leitchfield for the flea market, bought some Amish baked
goods, found a 1964 KY license plate for the car for fifty cents, and the
girls both looked at the farm animals. It ran flawlessly there, and on the way
back, as I was getting ready to shut it off here in the driveway, it started
glowing again... just a little glimmer, not bright... I've not tested anything,
but I find it strange that it didn't glimmer at start up or during the drive
through all the traffic...
Well, you guys take care, and thanks again!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)