<VV> Need Price of Installing Convertible Top

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 23:48:12 EDT 2005

I beg to differ!  My daughter's early (64) has pins in
the header that engage holes in the windshield header,
then the latches hook from underside to clamp it
together.  I know this well as we have been fighting
to get her shrinking top latched.  It is shown clearly
in the Service manual.  I have no first hand knowledge
of lates, but the picture in the manual looks the same
also.

<<Rick (or was it Janet?) Norris said:

There are no locating pins on the top or the
windshield header on any
Corvair. It is located and held in place by the two
latch hooks on
either
side.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on