<VV> Corvair Time Trials at the Portland International Raceway

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 02:28:38 EDT 2005

Folks -
I sit here on June 1 - looking at the entry form for the NECC Time Trials  at
Portland International Raceway - NEXT MONTH! Arrgh! I am guilty of
procrastination - perhaps like you are. My intended competition car, a 65  Corsa, sits
in the driveway, mostly disassembled. Between work, wiresets,  and remaining
married, the car is at the preparation point that it should have  been in
March! But I am still trying to get it ready. Even if it is finished in  time, it
would win the ugly "tweety" competition - if there was one! If at the  last
minute, it doesn't get finished, I will have to drive my street car (not a  Vair)
to the convention and drive that at the Time Trials. But I will be there  and
running in the event! Now the reason I am writing this is to urge  you to
send it your entry for the time trials, like I am doing. And do  it NOW! The cost
- a mere $140,  will allow you to drive as fast as  you want for as many laps
as you will want to, on one of the most beautiful Road  Racing tracks in the
United States. If you are in the Western US and are  bringing any kind of car
to the Convention, (A Corvair car is fine, even  totally stock ones!) you
should should seriously think about running at the  Trials. This is an outstanding
opportunity. In the last several years, I have  traveled thousands of miles
back and forth across US to tracks  in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Indiana,
Illinois, Connecticut and Florida  in order to drive these events. Don't let this
slip through your hands. It's the  first, and maybe the last, chance to do this
is the West! There will be plenty  of help for you, instructors, tech help -
loaner helmets - everything you need.  The weekend after we run, the fast folks
from the American LeMans Series,  including the Chevrolet Corvette C6Rs will
be there racing. You can tell your  friends - "Well, when I ran at that track,
I had a ball!"
So go to the website now. Download the forms. Fill them out and send them
in. I would hate to be the only one there. I'd have to run all day  long!!!!

If you have ANY questions about the event, I will be happy to answer  them!

The Web site for the forms is:
_http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/registration/necc_portland_registration_2005.pdf_
(http://www.corvair.org/chapters/necc/registration/necc_portland_registration_2005.pdf)

Seth  Emerson