<VV> 66 power top frame question

The Barneck Family dougbee at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 14:30:31 EDT 2005

I need some help on a question about a 66 power top frame.  Does any know or if you have an original one, could you check...if a 66 power top frame has the L shaped brackets like Norm Witte has posted on the web?

The L shaped brackets are about 4-5 inches long and are bolted to the top portion of the rearmost side piece.  The side cable that goes through the side of the top material hooks to it in the back.  there is also a bolt threaded through a hole on the topmost portion of the long skinny side bar that bolts to the body on the rear sides.

I know that 65's have these pieces and the bolt stops but I need to know if the 66s used them also?

Thanks a bunch
DougBarneck
about 10 Corvairs