<VV> Pins on Convertibles

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 15:55:08 EDT 2005

I have no idea why they stopped putting the pins on late model convertibles, probably a cost thing, but the one thing I have not seen mentioned (or maybe I missed it), is that the LM 's have a plastic plate on each side (secured by two screws)  that help to center the top as it is closing, so that the latching pins are in somewhat better alignment when the top is ready to be latched. (maybe the EM's have them too...but I would not know....having never owned an EM convertible).

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.