<VV> RE: Mig entry level

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Thu Jun 2 17:13:09 EDT 2005

Are you speaking of TIG or MIG?  In my most recent HTP catalog a 120amp mig
list for $599.00, 140 amp is $1249.00  Their most expensive MIG  is 200amp
and lists for about $1850.00  Their 200amp ac/dc adjustable everything TIG
lists for about $3000.00, $3800.00 for their water-cooled version.  That's
all suggested list.  Actual price can be better.

I've had my older Versamig for maybe 15yr. with good service and parts are
still available when I need something.

Steve

Plan on spending at least $ 1,500 for an entry level unit.

Personally, I would take the leap with both feet and buy one that offers
pulsed capabilities for close to 3 k.  This makes it ideally suited for
stainless, aluminum and carbon steel.

I can send information on entry level units if you e mail me off line.