<VV> mig welding (humor?)

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Thu Jun 2 21:41:41 EDT 2005

>Did you guys also know that after an MGB hood folds over the windshield
>(generally because the hood latch was held in the hood with these chintzy
>little sheet metal screws that just kinda pull out), that the aluminum is a
>real bitch to smooth out?

Only the early models had an alloy bonnet. When a late one (or a replacement bonnet) lets go, it does as much damage to the windscreen as to the bonnet
itself.  Luckly, though, I've only had an early one wrap itself around the windsreen frame.....

My marine plywood car was a '71 Midget... one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned...yet it was nothing but trouble to the subsequent owner...

Bill