<VV> Garage Mahal Update - Product & Photos

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corp. vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jun 3 10:50:31 EDT 2005

Several listmembers have asked.

The product used was Sherwin-Williams ArmorSeal Floor-Thane CRU Polyester
Urethane.  This is a two-part coating designed to stand up in aggressive
industrial and marine environments, and provides resistance to UV exposure,
abrasion, impact, and chemicals including acids, alkalies, solvents, and fuels.

Recommended uses, according to S-W, are concrete, steel, and wood surfaces,
on industrial, commercial, or marine applications.  Examples provided
included auto service centers (bingo) and exterior helipads (!)

The primer was ArmorSeal 33 Epoxy.

See the product information sheet (in pdf format) at:

www.sherlink.com/stores/ImgServ?id=datapages/armorseal_floorthane_cru_8-45.pdf

If the link doesn't work, just do a Google search on Sherwin-Williams
Floorthane CRU.

Remember, preparation is key, just as it is with painting a car.

For those of you who asked for pictures, well, I don't have any.  At the
moment, I am consumed by other move-related matters, and I won't be in a
position to photograph the garage for a few weeks yet.  But a very similar
floor coating, and one of the inspirations for mine, is shown on Rick
Norris' Corvair site:

http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley/misc-06.html

Check it out.  Rick's site is fun, anyway.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net