Fwd: <VV> Insurance Question

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Jun 3 13:19:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/3/2005 12:56:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Corvair at fnader.com writes:

> So at the moment I'm legal but self-insured for everything except
> liability. Has anyone else been able to
> get reasonably-priced full coverage on a vintage "RV"?

Bill,  Being "self insured" is probably the easiest way to go.  No one would
put the same value on your Moody/Westy as you (or I) would.  Thereoretically,
if you put $500 a year in an interest bearing account you'd have as much as an
insurer would pay you (after negotiating you down over a couple of months) if
you had a total loss--and USAA is a great company.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 "Brier (also declined by USAA)