<VV> MIG ... Pig Version Got I .

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Jun 3 18:37:04 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <vairologist at juno.com>

Metal arc welders and Metal
> tungsten inert gas welders, and  Metal Oxy Acetylene welders.  That way
> we can save some poor unfortunate from welding his plastic toys with a
> welder.  Heaven forbid he should try to weld his wooden dog house with a
> welder that is designed for metal.
************
Golll-eeeee  .... so whats a guy to do after welding a few thousand toy car
fuel tanks together with a former-Mig Welder?

We had to make them 2 piece because they had a complicated sump pickup and a
quick-fill top section for endurance racing .... polyethylene was the
material, and they had to be seriously fail proof in use, so we welded them
together .... yup, a Mig Inert Gas wire feed rig converted to Plastic Inert
Gas .... a PIG welder ?   ok so in Iowa you would expect a Pig Welder ...

Anyway, we fed PE wire into an Argon field to keep the frosties away, and it
worked mighty fine ... if you think thin wall aluminum intakes are nasty to
weld, try thinwall PolyEthylene sometime ( think Milkbottles (g) ...  )

regards, Ken Campbell,