<VV> Re: Non-Slip Floor

vairtec at optonline.net vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jun 3 21:52:25 EDT 2005

Tom Colson wrote:

>my wife took a very hard spill on this nice shiney surface and has been
>flat on her back over a week now.  sooo do not put a super shiney surface
>on your garage floor! i may even have
>them put a broom finish on mine then paint it, or at best put a blast of
>sand on it after painting it before it dries.

I was offered the option of smooth or textured; textured is achieved by
adding a grit to the coating.  Sue and I discussed the potential for falls,
but in the end we decided that the underlying floor surface, which was not
being polished, would be rough enough to provide a textured surface and no
grit would be needed.  This proved to be true.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net