<VV> McQ

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jun 4 23:45:16 EDT 2005

At 11:16 PM 6/4/2005, you wrote:
>early model 'vair...parked next to a D type Jag I believe...Then the

About five minutes earlier there is a shot of him with what looks like a
RHD 1957 XK-SS (note the windscreen). Wheels appear to be the same.

Don't get me started on car movies of which LeMans was to me McQueen's
best. Was running a '63 Corvette split window with FI in SCCA B/P at the
time so could relate to what was going on. Suppose it might be boring to a
non-racer.

Then there is the tribute to the 55 mph national speed limit, the Gumball
Rally and the Camaro-into-the-bulldozers Vanishing Point (still looking for
the missing nine minutes) - think the only HiCam bit was the part with the Jag.

Or Redline 7000 with the Cobra Daytona Coupe sporting a front Florida tag
(odd, what sticks in your mind).

Like I said, don't get me started.

Padgett