<VV> McQ

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Jun 6 03:49:33 EDT 2005

At 06:54 hours 06/05/2005, Jim Houston wrote:
>I was talking about the original movie... I didn't know that they had made
>a remake...  Haven't seen the new one... so, I will say that the
>Challenger was in the original -- don't know about the remake..  :-)
>
>Jim
>
>Padgett wrote:
>

>>>Actually, it was a Dodge Challenger that ran into the bulldozers....
>>

>>Care to make a small wager 8*). Was a white Camaro on a tow rope.
>>
>>Padgett

In the original film, "Vanishing Point", the car that ran into the bucket
of the bulldozer was not a Challenger, it was a 1967 Camaro.    The film
didn't wanna destroy a car (new Dodge Challenger R/T) that had some
considerable monetary value, while 4 year old 6 cylinder stripper Camaros
could be had fairly cheap.   This film was shot on a limited budget and the
producers were watching expenses.

tony..