<VV> Padded Dash Replacement?

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:50:24 EDT 2005

Umm No, it is hard and they do not fit quite as perfectly as the
originals.  Look quite nice though when finished.  I promised myself next
time I do one, to take the windshield
out first.  First there is removal of the old padded dash.  What shape
is it in?
If it is all cracked up go for changing it, but if it is good, and you
just want a new one I would leave it.  Then there is cutting and trimming
the new one to fit.  It does not just slide in, there is tons of trimming
and fitting to do.  Third is putting it in, this is where I would rather
have the windshield out.  You have to apply contact cement and angle it in
and get it in the right place the first shot.  Once it hits with the
cement on it stays and does not want to move.  This is the reason I was
glad my new vert does not have one, was bare from the factory!
It is not an impossible task but be prepared, and if you really want to
put a new one in check with an upholstery shop that has done them before.
Others have probably had better luck but that is my story.

-Geoff Johnson
63 Coupe
63 Vert
66 Corsa