<VV> Bodytag decode & help in contacting Allen Bristow

corsa corsa at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 15:25:54 EDT 2005

Hi Guys
I'm trying to contact Allen Bristow regarding his 1962 Spyder article in the communiqué. I have been involved with the Fisher bodytag decode project for both the 1962 and 1965 model years. I would like to get some more info on Allen's car but the email I have is apparently dead (abristow at adelphia.net)  I would appreciate help in getting his current email address.

Also any 1962 owners who haven't yet responded to my 1962 survey, I'd appreciate it if you could send the bodytag info and Vin number for your car along with all known options found on the car. I will probably email for addition info. I am currently about 90% done decoding the 1962 bodytag, but it is slow going since I have had far less response to the 1962 Survey as I did for the 1965 Survey here on VV. (120+ responses to 65 survey, 35 responses to 1962 survey). When completed, the info will be combine with the decodes for both the 1963 and 1964 models who are being handled by Kent Sullivan and Bill Hubbell in that order. So if you own a 1963 or 1964 model, please send your bodytag info to these gentlemen so that we can hopefully produce another great article for the communiqué similar to the one recently published on the late models. Kent and Bill are both on the list.

Thanks guys, and hopefully we will get this info to the Corvair masses soon.

Dave Trull
aka Bigwave Dave