<VV> Front brake problem

Barneck Doug C TIGTA Doug.Barneck at tigta.treas.gov
Mon Jun 6 15:40:37 EDT 2005

I am working on the brakes on a 64 monza.  I have replaced the cylinders and
the rubber hoses and bled and adjusted the brakes.  I am having problems
with the front wheels grabbing and sometimes locking up and screeching the
front tire.  I have tried to readjust the brakes but it will still lock up.
If I keep hitting the brakes, eventually it goes away and will stop dead on
straight (brake linings heating up?).  All I can think of is possibly the
front brake shoes got brake fluid on them years ago (I did not replace them)
and once warmed up, they work normally.  Any other ideas or confirmations on
my diagnosis?
DougBarneck