<VV> Privacy, OnStar, & Big Bro

Tareece at aol.com Tareece at aol.com
Mon Jun 6 16:14:04 EDT 2005

Vair-ites,
Ok...Obviously, someone will say this is ripe for VV Talk...which it is , I
guess...
   Bob is certain that B.Brother is alive and well in 2005 instead of 1984.
On the other side, Seth actually believes GM's website that Onstar does not
keep up with the position of ONSTAR equipped auto's at all times...
   Since '99 when I was a Chevy car salesman and OnStar was rolled out, there
have been MILLIONS of GM cars sold with ONSTAR. OK?...With MILLIONS on the
road travelling in different directions at all times. That precludes all but the
most powerful computers to keep up with the task.
  So, lets follow some other logic....
   We're trying to keep track of the shipping coming into our ports, trying
to stem the illegal alien flood, trying to catch a sniff of Bin Laden,and his
lackey Al-Zawkari, trying to intercept revelent cell phone calls about terror
plaots (chatter) or emails from high probablity suspects on the internet.
   Problem is we can't POSSIBILY do ALL of these tasks due to the lack of
manpower.
  Although it is said that if we give up some freedoms we will give them ALL
up, one only has to look at WW2 and the sacrifices by that generation.
Rationing everything from oil, gas, metal, copper, sugar, bread, etc..
  Not to mention other freedoms taken away (even BASEBALL was going to shut
down), citizens placed into internment camps, there is NO comparison here.
  Yes, be vigilant, but be knowledgeable, and don't panic. Like a boss used
to tell me, "Trust but verify." Trust the leadership, but verify their actions
by researching the Act, Law or Policy.
  But to those people that say don't worry, there is EVERY bit to worry. The
Patriot act (or any freedom restricting act) may be implemented for a good
cause, but they can be bastardized into long reaching and unintended Laws that
change the landscape that WAS America into something we have only read about in
history books.
  So, really, being American should be your #1 hobby. Get involved. Think
about it.

In a message dated 6/6/2005 3:04:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
They may be law breakers, but not criminals until convicted. I sure don't
want Big Brother able to use my own vehicle against me. And if you think that
they don't have the time now, well just wait..........

Regards,
Bob Helt

Todd Reece
65 Monza Convert