<VV> Early '60s Chevy Showrooms

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 6 18:43:35 EDT 2005

I always found dirty looks.

The guys at my dealership were jerks.

In '64 the shop guys told me that I couldn't have broken motor mounts on my
'60 Impala convert because, "The 283 doesn't have enough torque to break
them."  I still treasure the way the guy jumped when I had him stick his
head under my hood, set the brakes, and reved it in gear.  The engine rose
out of the mounts and the fan hit the shroud.  Very satisfying.

In '68 the salesmen told me that Chevy did not make a 302 ci engine and it
most certainly did not come in a Camaro.

;-)
Roger