<VV> re: tuboglide

Larry Forman Larry at forman.net
Mon Jun 6 21:48:43 EDT 2005

At 02:20 PM 6/6/2005 -0400, Padgett wrote:
>At 01:38 PM 6/6/2005, you wrote:
>>Turboglides came out in the 1957  Chevy!   The last was 1959?    or maybe
>>61....
>
>1961 so qualifies. Usually found behind 348-409s. Easy to spot by the Gr
>(grade retard) intead of L on the shift quadrant. Incredibly low 1st gear,
>about the same as the RotoHydramatic (Slim Jim) endowed upon SWB Pontiacs
>which may have been a close relative.
>
>Padgett

Hi Padgett
So THAT explains it.  When I was in high school, I took my 59 Impala
Convertible land yacht hill climbing!  I climbed up some hill overlooking
the city with several of my friends and then a Jeep came up there.  The
driver could hardly believe his eyes!  He asked a very dumb question, "How
did THAT get up here?"  That question deserved an appropriate answer,
"Would you believe a HUGE helicopter?"  LOL.

Larry