<VV> Fan Belt Off warning buzzer

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 01:37:10 EDT 2005

> If you trust your idiot light

Trouble with the idiot light is that you can't always see it! I have thrown
TWO belts while driving away from a low and setting sun, and the sun was
shining over my shoulder onto the dashboard, making the idiot light totally
invisible. In both cases the first sign of belt loss that I got was a hot
smell, and it was only after I had pulled off the road (and shielded the
light with my body) that I could see that it was on. Luckily, no damage
seems to have been done either time (they were both several thousand miles
ago), but it is worrying all the same!

Cheers

Alan