<VV> HP 2

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Jun 8 08:54:24 EDT 2005

>  likewise the 327-375/365

375 was the big plenium Rochester Fuel Injection engine in 65 after which
the porcupine engine was the answer at a much lower price.

Limiting factor was the venturi which kept the CFM down to about 520. While
at GMI I came across information on the Grand Sport Corvettes showing the
diameter increased from 2" to 2.329" which kicked the flow over 700 CFM.

Since was running B/P in a 63 split window at the time and the rules were
very specific about carberators (this Rochester or this Holly) but said
little about the FI except that it was allowed, I spent some time hogging
out some choke assemblies and filling all of the casting voids revealed
with epoxy.

Now even back then it was known that if you built a full race SBC with SCCA
legal components and could get enough air flow, it would wind to the moon
and it did.

Padgett