<VV> re: VP Camaro-little Corvair

Mark Blaskovich mblasko at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 18:01:51 EDT 2005

the 3 speed column shift was the standard transmission on the base 1967
Camaro, and the bench seat was an *option*, same as a Mustang.  I just sold
a 1966 Mustang convertible with the "optional bench seat", and while it
wasn't quite as sporty as the buckets, with the folding armrest in the down
position, it was quite comfortable.

I recall the one of the bragging rights of the Corvair was (except for the
Corvette) the only American car in 1960 to come standard with a floor
mounted shifter.  Everything else was still a 3 speed on the column,
although many had opted for the 3 or 4 speed floor shifter.

I too like the sound of the Buick wagon with the manual tranny (I had a '72
Estate Wagon that I made into a mock "GS 455 Sport Wagon" years ago), I'm a
station wagon guy and think they are neat.  I've often thought of building a
'60's Chevy SS wagon or a GTO wagon, or maybe even a 4 door SS or GTO!  It
would be fun to show, just to make people scratch their heads and
wonder.....

Mark Blaskovich
'66 Corsa 140 convertible
'57 Nomad
'67 Camaro SS/RS (with a floor mounted 4 speed...)