<VV> Update of Battery Problem...to the Mrs.!

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Jun 8 15:17:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/8/2005 11:43:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bjornyesterday at yahoo.com writes:

> When the engine is running the meter shows about 14.5 volts at the
> battery.  That indicates that the charging function of the alternator
> and voltage regulator is working OK.  Is it possible for it to work
> while the engine is running... and be broken somehow to allow the
> battery to drain when the engine is off?
>
> By the way... My wife has been promoted to Master Mechanic... I have
> retained my position as GFU.
>
> With kindest regards,
> Andy Anderson

*********
Dear Master Mech.   due to the inabilty of your "helper / GFU" to decipher
the suggestion offered in e-mail format....we will only  confer with you in
future correspondence!

An Alternator with a "shorted diode" [ 1 or more ]  will still charge.  The
total output is reduced as MORE diodes short.  When the engine is not
running...the diode[s] whose fuction is to allow current only in one direction,  allows
a drain on the battery...

Replace the alternator.

with kindest regards for YOU  ggggggg

Mr. DeckRug