<VV> Re: ARCO ATM CARD FEE (NO CORVAIR)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 14:29:05 EDT 2005

Hi Rod,

Hmmmm, I am sure that I am not mistaken about paying 25 and then 35 cents to
ARCO for an ATM (debit card) transaction for years.  It is possible but not
probable that it was an LA County only charge until recently.  However, for
several months, I have been driving to San Diego almost every week and they have
been charging me the 35 cents there as well.  This is not the case with other
brands of gasoline.  Of course, the others generally allow credit card
transactions.  I am sure that their per gallon price includes the costs of CC and
debit card transactions.  Is it possible that either you have just recently
started using ARCO or that you just haven't noticed the surcharge before?

Doc

PS:  I just grabbed an old expense report and an ARCO receipt dated 5/30/04
had the 35 cent surcharge on it.  The gasoline alone was $69.77.  OUCH.  Ya
gotta love those monster sized tanks.