<VV> anyone going to Back to the 50's?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 16:27:12 EDT 2005

Alrightee, next week is Back to the 50's in St. Paul.  Be our 13th year
going. Just wondering if any other Corvair pilots might go? Have to be
all earlies...as cars gotta be 64 or older to get in. About 12,000 cars
descend on the Minnesota State Fairgrounds for this event. It's a real
blast (and a hell of an amusing traffic jam for 4 days). After much
soul searching...we've decided to attend in the Edsel again, rather
than the Corvair. I'd really rather drive the Corvair....it's such a
joy to drive, especially in traffic, but we need the room. The event
includes a drive in movie...and face it, it will be me, the wife, and
two grown kids, we need the room.  Plus we need to pack lawn chairs,
coolers, and supplies for 4 for 4 days. AND we tend to shop like
maniacs while in the big city, so we're ALSO driving the Blazer down to
facilitate hauling crap home.

If Ryan ever gets his Corsa done, he can drive himself and I can take
my Corvair too. But..I was just wondering if any other 'Vair folks
attend this event?

Tim in Bovey