<VV> windshield washer pump substitute

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 10:40:19 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/9/2005 10:32:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rbdorran at comcast.net writes:

In the  meanwhile, does anyone have an ideas on a workaround which can easily
be  installed and then reversed when the parts are found? Preferably no  hole
drilling. It's not necessarily a must have, but it does come in handy  here
in the rainy Willamette valley. Especially on those days where it  sprinkles
enough to dusty up your windshield, but not enough to be able to  use the
wipers effectively.

R.B.

Not that it would be much easier to find, but a long time ago, I installed  a
windshield washer bottle from a SAAB 99 in my Corvair coupe. The bottle slid
tightly into the stock water bottle bracket on the Vair. It had an integral
pump  mounted in the top, and I added a couple of jumper wires to click into
the stock  Corvair washer pump connector. Totally removable and returnable to
stock. And  when you pushed the wash button, it flooded the windshield - no more
wimpy pst,  pst, pst of the stocker!  I sure wish I had one of those for my
current  Vair! - Seth