<VV> windshield washer pump substitute

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Jun 10 11:26:05 EDT 2005

My 61 Greenbrier never had windshield washers, so I went looking through the
scrapyard for one of the old foot pump types out of a MoPaR... found the
ticket in a 61 Dodge wrecker... took the cap off the washer bag (it uses the same
type bag as the FCs, only the cap is different) and my trusty adjustable wrench
went to work on the large nut that held the foot pump to the floor... I
mounted it to the hole where the clutch pedal used to reside, since it is now an
automatic...
It has worked great for 5 years... oh, the washer nozzels I found at a swap
meet. They are the old Trico diamonds, large chrome diamond shape with two
adjustable squirt holes on each side... I mounted two so I have 4 streams on the
windshield, getting both a "fore and aft" stream on the windshield... it cleans
nicely!
The 64 700 is a plane-Jane, single wipers, no washers... but I have
everything to attach an electric set up... I might do that when I get the brace on and
I can put some weight on this leg...
I gotta tell ya, I've found a new respect for birds... sleeping on one
foot... standing for hours.... amazing! My left calf is huge... my right is still in
a cast, so I KNOW I'm gonna look funny with one "big" leg and one skinny one.
June 20th is the next Dr visit... he said I'll be getting fitted for a
brace... getting "fitted" and "getting" one I'm sure are two different things...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)