<VV> Old topic, new hearsay

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Fri Jun 10 13:03:04 EDT 2005

I know that the last '69 has been hashed to death but I thought I would
share an interesting tidbit with the group that I picked up today.  I was
talking with a friend of mine and the topic of the last Vair came up.  As
many of you know, I live in the Lansing, Michigan area, which is Oldsmobile
country.  The story related to me is that a gentleman was tracking down the
last 500 Aleros and learned that, while the location of the last Alero is
known-GM kept it-the previous five VINs simply vanished with no paper trail.
The belief is that these were snatched up by GM insiders and that this is a
very longstanding practice.  The story-albeit quadruple or quintuple
hearsay-lends a little further credibility to the (less favored) theory that
perhaps # 6000 was not scrapped but rather went into a very private
collection somewhere.

Hope springs eternal.

Norm Witte