<VV> Help for Vapor Lock

N. Joseph Potts pottsf at msn.com
Fri Jun 10 23:25:02 EDT 2005

I saw an electric pump fill up a crankcase when it overwhelmed the float
valve on a carburetor. Hydrolocked the engine, too. Pump was, of course, NOT
wired so as not to run with the engine off. Shortcuts on electric pumps make
'em a lot worse. Longcuts make 'em more expensive and complex.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C and mechanical fuel pump