<VV> Re: VV washer pump - replacement

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Jun 11 21:44:50 EDT 2005

I put my cheapo (<$15 from Advanced Auto) washer pump in today and it works great.  The only downside (besides non-stockness) is it pumps lots of water and so drains the reservoir quickly.  Squirts like crazy though.  It also is a little loud when pumping but certainly not objectionable.

I put some pictures at:  http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mrhix130/album?.dir=/f801.

I left the old pump in because I had to store it somewhere in case I ever find a bellows.  Although, based on how this arrangement works, I may never go back!!

I mounted it by "sandwitching" one of the legs of the reservoir tank bracket with the pump and a flat piece of metal.  No holes drilled or any other permanent mods.  It's in plain sight but it blends in with the old pump and other stuff and doesn't look out of place at all.  I had to solder some spade connectors to the wires on the pump and they plugged right into the connector in the trunk.  Push the button and voila!!

Thanks for all the input guys.
mike