<VV> tunnel cable/wiring routing

John Headley robedinpurple at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 22:55:07 EDT 2005

Hello all,
Doing 2 projects today: (1) shifter rebuild kit for my
4 speed and (2) replace fuel lines (or lack of).  P.O.
did some stupid things in the tunnel.  4 feet of
flexible rubber fuel tubing in place of a cut out
section of the fuel line was one of them.  He also zip
tied all the wiring, fuel line, brake line, and the
clutch cable together!  I see the cable has been
working it's way into my wiring due to the unorthodox
setup.  There is a 2 pin connector, wires are black
with green tracers, and the cable rubbed through into
these 2 circuits.  I suspect they are for the blower
(fuse was blown), am I correct?  Also, does anyone
have a picture of how the routing should be properly
done, or can you describe it?  A manual reference is
OK too, I do have the manual.  Some of the hangers
have corroded/broken off and it is not at all clear to
me how this stuff should be routed to prevent more
mishaps.  What can I use to replace some of the now
defunct hangers?

Thanks,
John Headley
64 monza convert