<VV> Convertible Top Question

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 12 14:33:25 EDT 2005

Mine (Danube Blue convert) pretty much stays down all summer and up all
winter.  The trick is to put it up before the temp falls below 50.
Otherwise, especially when it has been down for a long time, it can get a
bit difficult to stretch the top and hook the latches to the windshield
corners.  Power top helps with that - makes it a one person operation.

My window (10 years) is clear as when new, but it hardly ever sees the sun.

Now the one I picked up in CA (Cameo Beige) has a 2 yr old top and window.
Both look a bit more tired than the 10 yr old one.  Supposedly it was garage
kept, but he must have never had the top down whenever he had it out in that
CA sun.

Actually, I was just mulling over what to use to bring back the luster to
the top.  I'm thinking about trying some sort of vinyl renew product, but
I'm certainly open to suggestions on that.  For the window, I was thinking
about going out to the local airport and find out what the pilots are using
on their plastic windshields.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (Times 2)
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140 (1/2 ownership)