<VV> alternator in early

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Sun Jun 12 18:01:02 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/12/05 5:08:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dschnei at yahoo.com writes:
I am putting a LM 110 in my wifes 64. The LM motor has
an alternator. What do I need to do to use the
alternator in the EM? I know I'll need a LM voltage
regulator but the wiring thing makes me uneasy. Anyone
have an easy wiring diagram they could email me? Is
this discussed in the tech guide? Thanks for any help.
Hope to see some of you in Iowa!

Don't use the late alternator for this conversion.  It's much easier to
purchase
a later type Delcotron (internal regulated alternator) from your FLAPS and
simplify the wiring.  It becomes a two wire hook up.  Very simple and very
reliable.  Ask for a Delcotron for a 72 or 3 Cadillac with A/C.  That way you
will get one with high out put.  Then you have to change the front frame and
pulley from your present alternator and you will have to replace the generator
mount on the rear of the engine with an alternator mount.

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair Club