<VV> Zero $ Race Team formed

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jun 12 19:22:18 EDT 2005

The stated goal of the Zero $ Race Team is to field a
Corvair for entry in various Corvair events for the sum
total investment of $0.00. A Wise Man once said, "The
cheaper they come, The faster they go". Well, if we can
build up a car for no money at all, it should be
blindingly fast, Right? Today was the first day of "time
trials" for our initial entry: a rather sorry looking 1964
500 coupe. It runs and drives and walks and talks - so it
must be a race car? I was going to time how long it ran
before something broke, but it ran fine for at least 50
miles this afternoon. What a pleasure to drive a Corvair
even if it is a beater. The Zero $ Race Team welcomes your
advice - or donations - or just your silly comments. The
current "Team" consists of Caveman Pete Koehler, Bob "The
Enabler" Marlow and our other hot shoe driver Clark
"Captain Crunch" Hartzel. If we can get it up to tech
inspection status it may make an appearance at Lime Rock.
Clark and I will test beat it at the Woodward Avenue
DreamCruise in August. It may make an appearance at the
CCE Orphan Car Picnic in Aurora, IL the day after the
Woodward event - if it survives. - Pete K