<VV> re: vv Radio Upgrade

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 19:52:11 EDT 2005

Yes, these little converters have proven very handy in the past for me.
Unfortunatly i have sold/given away those that I have. They are
small....about 3/4 of an inch tall, maybe 4 x 5 inches square. The
mount under the dash with a couple screws, or I would suspect are small
enough to fit in a 'Vair glove box. Hook up a powere lead, then the
cars antenna lead plugs into the adapter, and th elad from the adpater
plugs into the AM radio. You choose a dead spot on the AM dial that you
adjust the FM converter to.  Then, when you push the power button on
the converter, it turns on, andconnects the antenna thru it to your
radio and you turn the dial on the converter to tune FM while the AM
radio is tuned to the channel the converter comes in on. Basically, set
a pushbutton on the AM radio, so you can just hit it, then turn on the
FM box. Simple.  these little buggers turn up on ebay all the time for
$10-20 bucks. You don't get stereo of course, but if your AM radio is
working fine, these will give you FM with minimal dinking around.
Tim in Bovey

> BTW for incidental use, a number of companies made FM converters for
> regular AM radios, are probably a few still around. That would keep
your
> dash totally stock.
>
> Padgett

===
Stupidity is like nuclear power, it can be used for good or evil.
But you still don't want to get any on you.
===