<VV> green rant and some corvair related stuff

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Tue Jun 14 13:32:00 EDT 2005

At 01:06 hours 06/14/2005, Alan and Clare Wesson wrote:

>You might be Green in the USA but you wouldn't be Green over here!
>
>Cheers
>
>Alan

And THAT is why we're here in the first place...  Brit gubmint telling
everyone how to live etc., so we came here.   This didn't stop the Brit
gubmint who came here as well, to try and tell us how to live here so we
ran 'em off.    But they didn't stop trying to tell others how to
live...   Still doing it too.

Alan, I do not see how you  cope... I'd have blown a gasket by now.

If some politician showed up on MY property telling me I should recycle my
vintage cars, I'd chase him off the property with a tire iron.    The older
I get, the less patience I have with fools...   NOT the sort of fool that
*I* am, but the sort of fool who behaves in such an illogical manner that
even a secondary fool such as I can quickly recognize that something is
really wrong with that primary fool, who can't seem to see much farther
than the end of his nose.     How do these people get into positions of
power where they gain control (or think they do) of other people's rights
to freedom of expression?

If I chose to have vintage vehicles as a hobby pursuit, I'd hope that I'd
be left alone to pursue the hobby.

I've also done the math and run the numbers.   The amount of pollution
introduced into the air just to recycle an older car into the raw materials
to build a new one outstrips the amount of pollution that same older car
would contribute above and beyond the new car it would have supplied raw
material to build.

The Greens don't seem to be able to grasp this...

And yes I *have* had some ignoramous approach me and tell me the planet
would be better off if I recycled my "polluting" Corvair.    I did not tell
them to go perform an illogical nearly impossible sex act upon themselves,
I simply said to them that maybe they were right and that we all should
recycle offensive things... starting with THEM.

They didn't get it.   I wasn't surprised.    I've got no patience with
these people.

tony..